- 1 medium head of green or red cabbage about 2 pounds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 carrots shredded or julianned
- 1/2 cup red onion 1/8 inch dice
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp agave or honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- squeeze Lime juice
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Quarter the cabbage removing the core.
- Slice each quarter into about 1/8 inch slices using a mandolin, knife or food processor.
- Shred or julienne the carrots using a mandolin or food processor
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the dressing and toss
- Refrigerator for an hour or two until the flavors have combine and softened, tossing occasionally.
- When ready to serve, toss with a bit more of fresh lime juice and add salt and pepper as needed.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply