This had a great combination of sweet and spicy. It serves well with roasted asparagus and avocado salsa.
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder or ancho
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil approx.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Lay the salmon filet on a cutting board
- Drizzle the lime juice onto the salmon
- Let it rest while making the rub
- Combine all the rub ingredients (except the olive oil) into a small bow.
- Stir in the olive oil until it makes a loose paste
- Spread the rub evenly onto the salmon filet
- Cut the salmon into 2 or 3 inch slices
- Spread on a baking sheet
- Bake in the oven to the desired done-ness
- Spread maples syrup over the filet pieces with a pastry brush
- Broil for a minute or two.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply