I have been reluctant to make a pea/mint soup because I wasn’t so sure. Then I ended up with a pile of fresh mint in my Aero arden with no ideas of how to use it. Problem solved.
This turned out amazing. Garnished with blanched peas, hard-boiled egg, lemon yogurt and bacon, it was delicious.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Leek
- 1 onion medium
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pint Chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz Peas Petite, frozen
- 15-20 Mint leaves fresh
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Saute the leeks and onions in olive oil and butter until translucent, but not browned.
- Add white wine and reduce
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer
- Add peas, mint leaves and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Puree the mixture in the blender
- Return to saucepan and heat through
- Salt and pepper to taste
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply