Today is a dreary, snowy day here in Minnesota. Seems like a good day for either chili or sloppy joes. Sloppy joes won today.
I am not sure what I created. Not sure it is a sloppy joe. But it tasted really good on top of some sweet potato rounds.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushroom large dice
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- Brown the turkey until it is cooked through.
- Remove the turkey from the pan.
- Add ghee, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms, saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Deglaze with red wine
- Return the turkey and other ingredients to the pan.
- Let it simmer on the stove until the flavors meld.
- Server over portabella mushroom caps, green beans, or sweet potato fries.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply